Astoria Inn Hotel
For Info and Room Reservations
please call or fax:
"Welcome to Knox, where Opportunity Knocks!"
Knox Statistics & Facts
- Knox is a city in Center Township, Starke County, Indiana, Postal zip code 46534, United States.
- Knox was founded in 1851 and is named after General Henry Knox.
- Website: City of Knox
- Time Zone: CST (Central Standard Time) - same as Chicago, IL.
- Elevation: 712 ft (217 m) above sea level.
- Geographical Location: 41°17'39" N / 86°37'21" or 41.29417° N / 86.62250°W , along the Yellow River.
- About 37 statute miles SW of South Bend.
- About 82 statute miles SE of Chicago.
- About 107 statute miles North of Indianapolis.
- About 552 statute miles East of Washington DC.
Note: Statute miles are "as the crow flies" :)
- According to the 2010 census, Knox has a total area of 3.92 square miles (10.2 km), all land.
- Population at 2010 Census: 3,704.
- Approximate Number of Families: 975.
- Population density: 944.9 inhabitants per square mile (364.8 /km).
- There were 1,633 housing units at an average density of 416.6 per square mile (160.9 /km).
- There were 1,457 households of which 34.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 41.7% were married couples living together, 18.3% had a female householder with no husband present, 6.9% had a male householder with no wife present, and 33.1% were non-families; 27.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.6% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older.
- The average household size was 2.53 and the average family size was 3.03.
- The median age in the city was 36.2 years; 26% of residents were under the age of 18; 10.1% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 24.5% were from 25 to 44; 25.8% were from 45 to 64; and 13.5% were 65 years of age or older.
- The gender makeup of the city was 46.3% male and 53.7% female.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright (c) 2005-2017 Astoriainn.biz